This 2-3/4" MORTICE SASH LOCK 3 LEVER is perfect for gates and doors. It is reversible for left hand or right hand doors. Recommended for use with Lever Lock Handles.
Size approx. 2 3/4", satin finish
How to install the Mortise Sash Gate Lock:
NOTE: ½” & 5/8” drill bit and ¾” chisel needed.
To be used with the lever lock handle.
1. Determine desired height of door handle.
2. Mortise a 5/8” wide by 4 ¼” tall slot, 2 ½“ deep in handle side of door/gate.
3. Ensure proper fit of sash lock assembly in door. Determine position of spindle and drill a ½” hole to accommodate.
4. Drill a ¾” hole for the key slot 2 ½“ on center directly below the spindle hole.
5. Insert sash lock assembly and fasten with screws provided through face plate.
6. Install the lever lock handle assembly. (Sold separately.)
7. Using keys, put lock assembly in locked position and mark door/gate jam for position of lock plate. Mortise a 5/8” wide by 3-3/8” high by 5/8” deep slot in door jam.
8. Position strike plate. Adjust as necessary to ensure snug door/gate closure and fasten to jam with screws provided.
Directions are for guidance only. Requirements may vary due to individual circumstances. We recommend drilling smaller pilot holes before screwing to reduce the chance of splitting wood, and when going completely through wood products, drill from both sides.