This 6" heavy-duty, antique-style latch handle is for custom gates and is excellent for restoring or creating the Old World look. It is perfect for wood gates and doors!
Hand Pounded Black. Comes with Stainless Steel Fasteners.
How to Install the Antique Suffolk Gate Latch 564:
NOTE: This latch is designed for up to 2-3/8” thick gate.
A door/gate stop must be fitted to the frame/post to prevent damage to the latch bar.
1. Establish a desired position of thumb piece, normally about 4’ from ground level. Measure to the center of the style and mark a vertical line 1½“long. Drill a ½“ hole at each end of the line and drill or cut out to make a slot 1½“ x ½“.
2. From the front, pass the thumb bit through the slot ensuring it is positioned so that it can be raised and lowered to its fullest extent. Also, it should fall back under its own weight when raised. Secure back plate with screws provided.
3. Moving to back of the door/gate, position the latch tail so that it rests across the top of the thumb bit, is level, and overlaps on to the door/gate frame by 1 ¼”. Secure latch mount plate with screws provided.
4. Slide keep over the latch tail until it rests ¼“ from the latch tail mounting plate. Lift the keep up as far as possible without moving latch tail.
5. With the latch tail still level (resting on keep), position and fasten catch to door/gate frame with screws provided.
Directions are for guidance only. Requirements may vary due to individual circumstances. We recommend drilling smaller pilot holes before screwing to reduce the chance of splitting wood, and when going completely through wood products, drill from both sides.