Ocala Star Banner - January 1, 2018
Representatives from Red Brand Fence in Peoria, Illinois, recently visited Sparr Building & Farm Supply to help celebrate the local company’s 70-year anniversary.
At the flagship store in Sparr, company president Sam Howard was presented with a commemorative roll of red, white and blue Red Brand Field Fence. A plaque and exclusive Red Brand die-cast truck also were given to Howard to express Red Brand’s appreciation for their long-standing relationship.
“Sparr’s commitment to providing the best products available at a fair price aligns with Red Brand’s own objectives,” said Darren Markey, Red Brand’s Executive Director of Wire Products, Sales & Marketing, in a news release. “That’s why Sparr is such a great business partner. Not only do they value products that are 100 percent made in America, but they put their customers’ needs first. Quality and hard work have made them one of the premier sources for ag fence in all of Florida. We couldn’t be more proud to be their number one supplier of ag fencing. We congratulate the family at Sparr on this significant milestone and wish them great success in the years to come.”
Sparr Building & Supply was founded in 1947 by Elbert and Mary Griggs. They operated the store until their nephews, Sam and Paul Howard, took over in 1981.
Sparr operates stores in Sparr, Williston, and Leesburg, and is the largest independent feed and agricultural fence dealer in the Southeastern U.S. Red Brand Fence is manufactured at Keystone Steel & Wire and is home to the first fence-weaving machine, invented in 1889.